Sulfate-free shampoo: advantages and disadvantages for the health of your hair
Taking care of your hair also means choosing very carefully the products you use for the daily treatment and cleaning of your hair. Today we talk about sulfate-free shampoo and how it helps healthy hair.
At eva+avo we believe in natural products without chemical compounds that put the well-being of your hair at risk. We have designed a complete line of hair products with safe, natural and effective ingredients.
That's why we love to recommend using a sulfate-free shampoo to help clean your hair in a healthy and sustainable way.
What is a sulfate-free shampoo?
Un sulfate-free shampoo It does not have chemical compounds or salts, which are used so that the texture of the shampoo is more viscous than liquid, adhering more to the hair and scalp.
Advantages of sulfate-free shampoo
Some of the advantages of using sulfate-free shampoo are:
- Strengthen hair.
- Frizz is reduced and it becomes easy to comb.
- Scalp irritations are reduced.
- Natural hair oils are more effective.
- Perfect for wavy hair that suffers from dryness.
Disadvantages of using sulfate-free shampoo:
- They can cause dandruff.
- It is not recommended for oily hair, as more oil will be produced with each wash.
- You may need to wash it more often as it will feel dirty faster.
- They are not easy to find in the market.
When to use sulfate-free shampoo
if you have dry hair it's probably a good idea to use a sulfate-free shampoo, as it will favor the production of fat in the hair.
The sulfate free shampoos They are also recommended if you are looking for greater brightness. If your hair is frizzy and you suffer from frizz, a sulfate-free shampoo It can also help you have more manageable hair without losing volume.
If you are looking for more hydration or your hair breaks easily, a sulfate-free shampoo can be of great help within your hair care routine.
The sulfate-free shampoo nourishes the hair, providing it with hydration and helping the damaged or broken hair strengthen without causing irritation to the scalp.
Something very important is that if you are looking to be more environmentally friendly, using a sulfate-free shampoo will be a good start to making your hair care routine more sustainable.
Characteristics of sulfate-free shampoos
There are several characteristics of the sulfate-free shampoo what you should know We tell you the most common ones so that you know how to identify this product if your interest is to use a shampoo of this type.
- El sulfate-free shampoo it does not lather, which can be somewhat uncomfortable as it may seem that you are not cleaning your hair thoroughly.
- For the most part, the sulfate-free shampoo it has no scent.
Some specialists also advise avoiding the use of conditioner if you are using a sulfate-free shampoo.
Balance in the care of your hair with eva+avo
At eva+avo we believe in the properties of natural ingredients and that it is possible to create effective natural products for caring for your hair that are respectful of the environment at the same time.
If you are looking for a shampoo that intensely cleanses your hair but at the same time takes care of your scalp and offers you a refreshing scent, at eva+avo we have our cleansing shampoo that cleanses your hair and scalp with avocado, vitamins and wild rosemary oil.
In addition to offering you an exquisite aroma with notes of white cocoa. A perfect mix to nourish your hair naturally and safely, without chemicals that mistreat your hair and stop its healthy growth.
Whether you opt for a sulfate-free shampoo or not, keep these recommendations in mind to choose the best shampoo and conditioner for your hair:
- Look for a shampoo that suits your hair type so that its active ingredients act more favorably on your hair.
- Don't wash your hair so often. Try to wash it every other day and avoid using very hot water for rinsing.
- Combine the use of shampoo and conditioner with other hair care products such as hair masks, natural oils and creams, which provide even more nutrients to your hair.
If you have a special condition in your hair, consult a specialist before choosing a sulfate-free shampoo or any other product for the care of your hair.Get to know all our products and find what we have created for your hair care. Start today to make your hair grow healthy and shiny.