Hair mask: moisturize and nourish your hair naturally and at home
Taking care of your hair is an everyday task. In addition to choosing a suitable shampoo for your hair type and complementing with a good conditioner, using a mask regularly will help you look amazing hair.
What are the benefits of a hair mask?
The best hair mask is the one that gets:
- Moisturize your hair.
- Prevent hair loss.
- Strengthen weak hair.
- Give shine to your hair.
- Promote growth.
Just as you take care of the skin on your face with moisturizing creams, serums, oils and face maskIn the same way, you should protect and nourish your hair with a good mask.
At eva+avo we have created natural products designed for all types of hair. Our nourishing avocado-based hair mask and with other powerful ingredients like rosemary oil, they work magic on your hair, leaving it soft and shiny like silk.
The best thing is that you only need 10 minutes to make your hair look like you've always wanted.
Before starting a hair mask, make sure you are following these recommendations:
- You use a moisturizing shampoo.
- You complement with a conditioner.
- Don't overuse a hair dryer.
- You eat a good diet that includes healthy fats and vitamins.
- You cut your hair regularly to promote healthy growth.
How does a hair mask work?
Hair masks have properties that act on the scalp, with the aim of rebuilding what is known as the hair cuticle.
Its base is much more concentrated than what you find in conditioner, which makes it have a more powerful effect on your hair.
For the hair mask to have the desired effect, it requires between 20 to 30 minutes. of application. Always after shampoo and conditioner.
In the market you find a wide variety of hair masks. Our recommendation is to always look for a moisturizing hair mask that contains natural ingredients, avoiding invasive products that can mistreat your hair.
Natural masks for your hair are also cheaper, in addition to being healthier so you can have regular hair care, without mistreating your hair.
Also choose a hair mask with UV filter that will offer your hair extra care, especially if you expose your hair to the sun in the summer season.
How to apply a hair mask
If you wonder how to use hair mask, here we tell you. You must follow simple steps to apply your hair mask and have the results you want. Take note!:
- wash your hair very well. It is important that your hair is very clean, so that your hair can absorb the ingredients of the mask and take full advantage of them. Remember to also use a conditioner and do gentle massages to prepare your scalp for the product.
- Dry your hair to remove excess water. It is advisable that you apply the hair mask to damp hair and not completely dry or wet. Use an absorbent microfiber towel or, failing that, a cotton t-shirt. This will help the ingredients of the mask penetrate your head very well.
- part your hair. Use clips to separate your hair into different sections. This will help the mask to act on all areas of your head, applying the product to each of them.
- Apply your mask and massage. Generally, masks should be applied from the middle to the ends, ensuring that the product spreads throughout the hair and massaging and gently moving so that the mask completely penetrates and seals the hair cuticle.
- cover your hair. Using a towel, wrap all of your hair. Some experts recommend that the towel be a little warm to increase the effects of the mask. Let it act for the necessary time and not for longer than indicated, as you can make the product lose all its effects.
- Rinse your hair very well to remove the mask. After the hair mask has acted on your hair for the indicated time, rinse very well with plenty of water and, if possible, let your hair dry naturally, without using a dryer or iron.
Hair mask according to your hair type
Now you know how to apply your hair mask. But which one is right for your hair type.
At eva+avo we believe in the power of natural ingredients to take care of our hair. The best thing is that when you use this type of product, free of chemicals, it has a repairing effect that is good for all types of hair.
If you have straight hair, look for a mask that nourishes your hair, giving it shine but also strengthening the ends. Straight hair in particular needs strength to promote growth. and prevent hair loss.
In this previous article we tell you everything you need to know about hair loss and how to combat it, including of course natural masks for hair care.
For dry and damaged hair, use nourishing masks. Avocado-based masks go very well to give your hair nutrients.
If your hair is curly, use masks that moisturize and hydrate your hair, giving it not only light but also movement and body.
Homemade hair masks
Making a hair mask at home is very easy and you will only need fresh ingredients, as well as the time it takes for it to take effect on your hair.
We give you some recommendations for homemade masks to keep your hair radiant, just like you!
- Rice mask for curly or dry hair.
For this mask you only need rice flour and coconut oil. It is a perfect recipe to naturally hydrate damaged hair, in addition to promoting growth and helping to have smoother hair with movement.
Cook some rice and then blend with coconut oil. You will have a homogeneous mixture that you can apply to your hair, as we have already indicated. You can do it once a week.
Easy, with cheap ingredients and the perfect formula to hydrate your hair. This mixture can be applied to dry hair.
Let it act for at least 30 minutes, and then wash with your usual shampoo and conditioner.
Ideal to let your hair dry outdoors without using a dryer or iron.
Avocado is magical. We have already told you that it is one of our star ingredients. We believe in its powerful nutrients.
With this mask you manage to hydrate and nourish your hair, so that it looks incredible.
You just need to add a banana and some honey.
- Mix the avocado and banana until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the honey and if you have, a little coconut oil.
- Wash your hair very well and add the avocado mask to damp hair from roots to ends.
- Leave the mask on your hair for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and let your hair dry naturally.
After washing, you can use our cream to comb without rinsing. Your hair will be nourished and look fantastic.
Our eva+avo hair care products
All our products at eva+avo are designed to nourish your hair, hydrate it and give it a healthy appearance, promoting its growth and preventing hair loss.
Our 5-step kit, for example, includes all the products you need for your hair care.. From shampoo to styling cream.
In addition, we also include perfect presentations for when you are traveling. Thus, you will have no excuse to stop taking care of your hair.
Choose the mask for your hair that best suits you and show off an incredible mane. And don't forget your eva+avo product!